An Update to Resolutions
As is tradition, every week I find a dozen more things that I "need to learn". So many new projects and ideas have come to mind since I made my New Years (Tech) Resolutions post. For one, I realized that the requirements to some of my resolutions were a bit ambiguous, and as such, I've technically completed two or three of them already.
Here is my list:
- Build an Electron app that helps with stand-ups and SRED (STARTED)
- Build a Gatsby (Next.js, GraphQL) & Netlify CMS blog/portfolio (THIS SITE - SANS PORTFOLIO)
- Build a mobile app for Smoothie Club using React Native
- Animate an SVG logo for Certn in Adobe Illustrator (ANIMATED WITH SVG/CSS)
- Build a simple VR game in Unity (C#) for Oculus Rift & Quest
It's clear that the "acceptance criteria" for some of these to-do's is a bit weak. So with that in mind, I'd like to repost an updated list (with a few new entries as well):
Here is my updated list:
- Ship an Electron app, Slated (on MacOS, Windows, & Linux) that helps with context-saving - specifically for switching tasks, stand-ups, and SRED.
- Complete Wes Bos' course on advanced React topics (namely Next.js & GraphQL)
- Build a feature-complete mobile app for Smoothie Club using React Native
- Complete all beginner & advanced Adobe Create Cloud tutorials and edit/post a video of our Costa Rica trip last spring.
- Complete Unity Game Dev Courses: Fundamentals and ship a simple VR game in Unity (C#) for Oculus Rift & Quest
- Finish my MASc coursework with an A+ average, satisfy my seminar-attendance requirement, get up-to-date on InfoVis research, and complete rough draft of my thesis.
- Flesh out my Temperate Supply Co. brand/store - have a dialed-in clean/modern design, and are able to purchase items.
I'm sure this list will continue to grow and change, but at least now I have a platform to keep me accountable for the things I say I want to do and learn. In the future, my posts should hopefully more geared towards my experiences in completing these things!